Thursday, September 17, 2009

California Adventure


Yesterday Angela and I got home from our first real vacation together. We took our friend Jill Wellman down to the YWAM base in L.A. Along the way we stopped in the Redwood National Forest (You'll have to wait for those pictures, as they are stuck on Angela's laptop. She left the cord at Uncle Joe's house), San Francisco (watch out for those toll trolls), Uncle Joe and Aunt Doreen's house, the beach, and Disneyland!

These pictures are from Disneyland, and the beach. At Disneyland we went on California Adventure, saw the Bugs Life 3D adventure, learned how to draw Disney characters, rode the runaway old west train, rode the Star Wars theater ride thing, sat through the Honey I Shrunk the Kids 3D thing, rode the Buzz Light Year space shooting gallery (I totally beat Angela at that), rode the Finding Nemo submarine, rode the Matterhorn, the Indiana Jones ride, watched the fireworks on Main Street, and watched a super-awesome show called Fantasmick. It was a 13 hour Dinsey-extravaganza, and we all had a terrific time.

The next day we were so wiped out, we went to the beach, and went shopping for suveniers. The next day we packed up, said our goodbyes to our wonderful hosts Uncle Joe and Aunt Doreen, and then dropped Jill off at school. I got something in my eye, and Angela cried as we drove away, leaving our good friend behind. We sure will miss you Jill.

Then we drove home the end. 8 )

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it was the smoke from the LA fires that irritated your eyes as you were saying goodbye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ry, you sure do have yourself a beautiful gal; I know you're treating her like a princess. Great pics, glad you had a good time! But no sea monsters!

    ReplyDelete